Why choose the Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Diploma (RQF)?
Hospitality can be a dynamic and exciting career, and the Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership (RQF) Level 3 has been designed to ensure you have a thorough understanding of how to work effectively in any hospitality or leisure workplace.
If you already work in a hospitality environment and are keen to progress in the near future and apply for jobs that earn you more money and more responsibility, this course will prove very useful for you.
Covering health and safety, food hygiene, team work, customer service, leadership, resources management, and supervision skills, this diploma covers important knowledge and skills you need to smoothly progress into your hospitality management career. When you have completed your Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership (RQF) Level 3, you will be able to take on roles such as team leader, restaurant manager, duty manager, front of house manager, or even as regional or general manager for a restaurant chain.
As well as supplying you with plenty of knowledge, this course has an emphasis on practical skills, and requires you to have a job already in a hospitality environment where you supervise staff as part of your role.
Modules for this course
Module One: Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Understand the benefits of working with colleagues
- Be able to establish working relationships with colleagues
- Be able to act in a professional and respectful manner when working with colleagues
- Be able to communicate with colleagues
- Be able to identify potential work-related difficulties and explore solutions
Module Two: Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Be able to communicate a team’s purpose and objectives to the team members
- Be able to develop a plan with team members showing how team objectives will be met
- Be able to support team members identifying opportunities and providing support
- Be able to monitor and evaluate progress and recognise individual and team achievement
Module Three: Lead a team to improve customer service
- Plan and organise the work of a team
- Provide support for team members
- Review performance of team members
- Understand how to lead a team to improve customer service
Module Four: Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Be able to maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Understand the importance of maintaining the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Understand how to maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
Module Five: Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Be able to ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Understand the importance of ensuring food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Understand how to ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
Module Six: Contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
- Be able to contribute to promoting hospitality services and products
- Understand how to plan the promotion of hospitality products and services promotions
- Understand how to contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
Module Seven: Contribute to the control of resources
- Be able to contribute to the control of resources
- Understand factors affecting the use of resources
- Understand how to contribute to the control of resources
Module Eight: Supervise food service
- Be able to supervise food service
- Understand how to plan food service
- Understand how to supervise food service
Although you do not need any previous qualifications in this area, you must already have a job where you have access to a hospitality working environment, including opportunities to supervise front-of-house staff. Throughout the duration of your studies you will be asked to provide evidence showing how you approach and handle supervision duties, and demonstrating a level of competence required by the course assessors.
You’ll get an assessment at the end of each unit, and this should take you around 1-2 hours to complete. These papers, once marked by your assessor, will enable your tutor to continually monitor your progress and provide help and advice where needed. The course is estimated to require around 206 hours of study time in total.
Towards the end of your course, your assessor will visit you at work to observe you in action as you supervise staff, manage your team, run meetings, maintain health and safety, manage resources in your specific area, and perform normal supervision duties. This observation will demonstrate to your assessor that you are able to perform your role according to what you have learned, as well as retain the knowledge taught on the course.
Qualification number: 60020544
To gain the qualification you will need to successfully complete all the units in the course.
Please note: Online access is required in order to complete this course.
Innovate Awarding are a national Awarding Organisation with a collaborative approach to doing business. They work with employers, training providers and FE Colleges of all shapes and sizes to design, develop and award nationally recognised qualifications. Innovate Awarding cover lots of different sectors and offer off-the-shelf, customised and tailored qualifications as well as providing a mapping service for existing training programmes. Innovate are currently offering over 100 qualifications across 11 different sectors.
Developing your career
How can I follow up my Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Diploma (RQF)?
Because this is a distance learning course, you don’t have to wait till you have completed your studies before applying for work. The course format is designed to allow you to fit your studying around your life, instead of the other way about.
That means you could apply for jobs such as a front-of-house manager, a unit manager, regional manager, duty supervisor, and more, while you continue with the course. You can then use your normal work as the basis for the assessed observation sessions that go towards your final grade.
When you have completed this Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership (RQF) Level 3, you may prefer to continue your studies with a level 4 qualification in hospitality management or similar.
Course Fees - SPECIAL AUGUST DEALPrice £2,583.00 £2,066.40
(No repayments until your salary reaches £21,000)
3 Pay by Instalments - £2,066.40
Deposit of £50.00
plus 6 monthly payments of £336
ENROL NOW - Choose payment method