Frequently Asked Questions

Which qualifications are on offer?

Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College offer a wide range of RQF and Access to Higher Education Diplomas. Follow this link to explore the variety of courses we have on offer.

What is a Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) course, is it as good as a Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)?

These courses are all vocational leading to a specific type of employment. They are assessed by a qualified assessor who will guide you through the learning and assessment process. All courses are now RQF but the old QCF terminology is still widely used across the sector.

What are Access to Higher Education Diplomas?

The Access to Higher Education Diploma is a qualification which prepares people without traditional qualifications for study at university.

Access to HE courses are delivered by colleges in England and Wales, and are available in a range of different subjects, such as nursing, social studies, law, and art and design.

How will I learn?

Learning with Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College you can do most of your learning away from any of our sites. This allows learners to learn at a pace, and a place which suits them and, because we understand that people have other commitments in their lives, gives you the flexibility to plan your own learning. We use on an learning platform that can be accessed through most devices.

What other benefits are there with this type of learning?

Each course have built- in employability skills (EILS) that provide challenge points to help you improve your skill-set.

The challenge points are in Digital skills, Confidence, Resilience, Meeting Deadlines, Workplace ready, English and Maths.

Learning this way through Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College, will allow you to learn at your own pace, but with the benefit of support that will help through your learning experience.

The course materials are presented in an attractive way, there are pictures, text, videos, interactive quizzes and games which all combine to provide rich content.

How long will it take?

Guided Learning Hours are set by the Awarding Bodies as a guide as to how long you should be studying in order to complete your qualification. Each course we offer has a recommended set of guided learning hours, and these can be found on our courses pages. If you choose the funded option through Adult Learning Loans, you will have a set period of time to complete your course.

What about if I am working?

All of the courses are online, and will therefore rarely, if ever, require you to visit a college. Please look at the course you wish to study carefully though as some may require a work placement.

What are work placements?

Courses such as Teaching Assistant, will ask that you complete a compulsory work placement of at least 50 hours in order to complete your course. Along with the first set of course materials, learners receive a comprehensive guide giving them plenty of information on what is required during the placement, including advice on how to set it up and the materials needed to submit evidence of learning. Other courses, e.g. Health and Social care might require that you do 100 or more hours in the kind of workplace that relates to your studies.


There are 2 options, either you pay for your course in full, or you can take out a government backed Adult Learner Loan (ALL) - https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview

Am I eligible for any student discounts while studying with Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College?

Students studying through this mode are eligible for the NUS Extra Card, which gives you access to over 200 UK student discounts with brands like Co-op, Amazon and ASOS. You’ll also receive a free 1 year ISIC (International Student Identity Card), which provides discounts in over 130 countries across the world!

Apply and find out more at https://cards.nusextra.co.uk/